The following terms and conditions are the terms on which Archive and Document Scanning Limited (Company) provides its service and supersedes all other terms and conditions.
1. The company shall supply its services and the customer (buyer) shall purchase the services in accordance with any written quotation (Customer Service Agreement) from the company which is accepted by the buyer subject to these conditions.
2. A quotation shall be deemed to be accepted when the buyer completes and returns a company Customer Service Agreement to the company.
3. Prices quoted in the Customer Service Agreement are valid for 28 days from date of quotation. Should the buyer amend their requirements or should a relevant change in legislation take place the company reserves the right to amend the quotation.
4. All prices quoted exclude VAT at the standard rate.
5. Payment is due 15 days from date of invoice for all buyers. The company reserves the right to charge interest at a rate of 4% above the base rate of Barclays Bank PLC on all overdue payments. Any disputes must be made in writing to the company within 15 days of receipt of invoice.
6. For some scanning projects 40% of the quoted price must be paid in advance of the project commencing
7. For all storage projects, a minimum of one-year storage duration will be required by the company with retrieval rates agreed as per service contract.
8. The company accepts no liability to the buyer or any third party for any loss of profit, consequential or any other economic loss or damage suffered by the non-performance, late arrival of its service or any material that is shredded or destroyed in error.
9. The company accept no liability if it is unable to carry out its work for any reason beyond its control including (but not limited to) act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood or industrial action.
10. The buyer shall not, without the written consent of a Director of the company, during the period of this agreement and for one year after termination, offer employment to an employee of the company or employ any company managed by an ex-employee providing a similar document scanning or storage service.
11. If the buyer produces more material than the company has agreed to scan, destroy, or store, the company reserves the right to schedule an alternative visit to complete the scanning, destruction, or storage. If the company has agreed to scan, destroy, or store paper and the material is contaminated, or is other than paper, the company reserves the right to amend its quote as appropriate.
12. The buyer shall not produce for scanning, destruction, or storage any hazardous material without providing prior notification to the company.
13. The buyer shall not produce material for scanning, destruction, removal, and storage in containers or in a location that will cause any Health & Safety risks.
14. The company shall attempt to carry out shredding for the buyer at an approved ADS Supplier. When this is not practical the company reserve the right to remove the material and shred it as soon as is practically possible at another location.
15. Rental and other items provided by the company are always the property of the company. Any such items lost, stolen or seriously damaged whilst in the possession of the buyer will be replaced at cost plus delivery price by the buyer.
16. A service record (and weight ticket where applicable) is issued for on-site destruction before the company operators leave site. In the event that an authorised individual of the buyer is not on site the company reserves the right to forward the service record to the buyer at a later date.
17. The company is insured with a Public Liability Insurance policy with a limit of £10 million.
18. If any term of these conditions is held invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such term shall be served, and the remainder of the terms will continue in full force and effect.
19. This contract is governed by English Law and any dispute is to be referred to an independent arbiter appointed by mutual agreement.
20. By completing and returning the customer service agreement on behalf of the buyer you accept the price quoted and Terms & Conditions herein.